In 1919, Anton Kirner laid the foundations for today‘s company. Almost 100 years later, high-quality machines “MADE IN GERMANY” are still manufactured here at the location in Titisee-Neustadt.The TACHOGRAPH – and other CONTROL DEVICES– were developed by Anton Kirner and manufactured in series, ancestors of digital tachographs and time recording systems used today. At that time, small machines for the gear cutting of clock gear wheels and later, complete dental drill production plants were manufactured. After the Second World War, the company specialized in the development and construction of machines for the grinding of tooth systems in form and rotary cutters.
KIRNER brought to the market the world’s first mechanical and later also CNC-controlled 6-AXIS GRINDING MACHINE for the semi- or fully automatic production of rotary cutters, further milestones in the development history of the company.
Another important machine type was derived from the past development of grinding machines, the independent PROFILING and DRESSING MACHINES were born!
Today in the 3rd generation under the guidance of grandson Martin Kirner